A Good Book Drive
by Robyn P. Yager
Have you heard of A Good Book Drive yet? No?? Well, I’ll tell you.
For the month of November – that’s November 1st to 30th, select retailers around the city will be collecting new copies of favourite kid’s books for the Vancouver literacy program, The Writer’s Exchange.
I think this is such an excellent way to pass down memories of reading and also pass down stories that have impacted us at such a young age.
We haven’t decided on a book yet, but I would encourage you to participate in this Book Drive as well. I don’t think there’s a better way to teach a child something than through a children’s book. I’m all for it.
Book Book Box Locations include:
- Nelson the Seagull – 315 Carrall Street
- Collage Collage – 621 Kingsway
- Dilly Dally – 1161 Commercial Drive
- Union Wood Company – 503 Railway Street
- ArtStarts – 808 Richards Street
- Walrus – 3408 Cambie